Overwatch

Dr.J

I got into Overwatch a little late, but I'm addicted now. It's so much fun switching up characters based on what the teams needs at a given moment. But if I'm free to pick on my own: Junkrat all day long. https://kotaku.com/i-used-to-hate-junkrat-until-i-tried-playing-as-him-1823337863

Tracer is a character that good players can dominate with, but I just can't ever seem to figure out how to play her well. 

Probably 95% of my play time is Random Heroes because it's my group's favorite game mode. It's funny because as a result we're jacks of all trades, master of none. One guy in our group does play a fair amount of competitive and I'm pretty sure he's the ultimate flex (albeit at a lower level than he could be if he just picked one or two heroes to main).

I like Randoms so much for a bunch of reasons. There's no pressure to pick a certain hero/role, toxicity is basically nonexistent, and the game is very free-flowing. Sure, sometimes you get a bad comp against a good one and you get stomped, but you're always only a pick or two away from changing up the red team's comp. It's crazy how much it ebbs and flows sometimes as a result.

To be honest, I probably watch more OW than play it these days, though. Mainly because I've been too busy to play but I've also legitimately gotten drawn into OWL. The Houston team is very likable. They were surprisingly good in stage 1, then fell back to mediocre in stage 2. Stage 3 starts next week.

Also, are there two different posters named Dr. J posting in this thread? That is....weird.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tokamak said:

Probably 95% of my play time is Random Heroes because it's my group's favorite game mode. It's funny because as a result we're jacks of all trades, master of none. One guy in our group does play a fair amount of competitive and I'm pretty sure he's the ultimate flex (albeit at a lower level than he could be if he just picked one or two heroes to main).

I like Randoms so much for a bunch of reasons. There's no pressure to pick a certain hero/role, toxicity is basically nonexistent, and the game is very free-flowing. Sure, sometimes you get a bad comp against a good one and you get stomped, but you're always only a pick or two away from changing up the red team's comp. It's crazy how much it ebbs and flows sometimes as a result.

To be honest, I probably watch more OW than play it these days, though. Mainly because I've been too busy to play but I've also legitimately gotten drawn into OWL. The Houston team is very likable. They were surprisingly good in stage 1, then fell back to mediocre in stage 2. Stage 3 starts next week.

Also, are there two different posters named Dr. J posting in this thread? That is....weird.

Randoms is a ton of fun--love how the group pretty much gels because everyone knows that shit happens.

I happened to be grouped up with a really smart team last night, and it was so much fun. I don't have a regular group of friends to play with, so it was refreshing to be a part of a team that worked together with a strategy each round. We wrecked shop and won like 6 competitive matches in a row. Runs like that are what make Overwatch so addictive. 

• 2 weeks later...

New event is pretty fun. Did a 4-stack with friends last night and we beat the any heroes version pretty easily on hard difficulty so we decided to try it again with 4 supports. It went surprisingly well until we got cocky at the very end and decided to keep killing bots instead of just getting on the damn chopper. Like 4 of those big bads eventually showed up at the same time and kicked our asses lol.