Anyone use uber for home games?

Mikey4

Yes, yes and yes.

After game pick up is very hard.  Need to get away from the stadium.

I saw there is a designated uber lot this year... So don't do that? I normally drive and park but was hoping to avoid it due to ACL. Sounds like I should park, though.

After the game it can take a long time to get a car. Last year, Uber paired me up with a driver in Round Rock and said it was a 30 minute wait until they got there. Unfortunately they got stuck in traffic on the way down and it took much longer. If you take one to the game, have a plan to do something for an hour or so after the game before calling one. 

• Like 1

I had two cancel on me after the USC game because they couldn't get to our intersection. Ended up walking almost all the way to 6th. Luckily there was an idle Yellow Cab there which ended up being cheaper, but it was over an hour of walking.

I somehow ended up in an Uber pretty quickly after the TCU game. I can't explain how that happened because I was drunk and have no recollection. I was just thankful I made it home.

• Like 1

Longhorn Express shuttles, from Barton Creek Mall or Intramural Fields, $10 round trip. Intramural Fields one drops off and picks up at Dean Keeton and San Jacinto. Barton Creek busses drops off and picks up at University Ave, and 21st street. They start running 3 hrs before kick off, and after 3rd quarter. Buses have good AC and are comfy.

I use the IF one, generally the lines after the game are long, but they move fast, the busses are stacked up, and when they fill, they go. 

At the Intramural Fields, if that parking lot is full, you can park across the street for another $10. 

13 minutes ago, Lone Star Horn said:

Longhorn Express shuttles, from Barton Creek Mall or Intramural Fields, $10 round trip. Intramural Fields one drops off and picks up at Dean Keeton and San Jacinto. Barton Creek busses drops off and picks up at University Ave, and 21st street. They start running 3 hrs before kick off, and after 3rd quarter. Buses have good AC and are comfy.

I use the IF one, generally the lines after the game are long, but they move fast, the busses are stacked up, and when they fill, they go. 

At the Intramural Fields, if that parking lot is full, you can park across the street for another $10. 

What is the reasoning behind using the shuttle? I understand using uber if you are drinking, but with the shuttle you have to drive anyways and it is always easy to find free parking within a 15 minute walk of the stadium.

I live in Leander, so uber would be outrageous (not a surly 1%er). I carpool with my neighbors to the game, they are older, (not armybrat old) they can't walk very far. We shuttle to the game, then catch the ADA golf cart shuttle to the stadium. I meet them after the game at the bus shuttle stop and drive them home. (they pay for the parking and my shuttle bus fee.)

Also, several years ago when I didn't shuttle, the closest I could park was a couple blocks East of the Texas State Cemetery, and that was a 30 min walk. I had no issues, but no way my neighbors could do that walk.

fuckin amateurs. 

walk to scholz (south end) or Crown & Anchor (north end), have a beer or two and call for a ride after that. If you are waiting in an Uber lot, you are a moron, that's the whole point, dockless riding. Why would you corral yourself or your driver? Those are the types of people who'd call an Uber from the middle of Rainey or downtown during SXSW and get humpty when the driver is having trouble getting to your spot.  Just walk a little. I've gotten a ride (I use lyft) to and from each of the home games and never had a surge charge getting to DKR. Riding home I've only had one after the SC game and it was about double my usual fare.