The Spanish Princess (Starz)

JimmyHoffa

For history buffs and those that love the Tudors. First episode aired this past Sunday. 

I watched the first episode last night, not bad. 

Charlotte Hope is Catherine and was Myranda for GOT fans. 

Edited by JimmyHoffa

Well, it’s based on a Phillipa Gregory property so it’s guaranteed to veer into dramatic inventions.

But Starz did a pretty good job with The White Queen and The White Princess - also based on her writings - and I liked this first episode too.

But I’m a sucker for English period stuff.

Yeah I'm not sure the Tudors is a good representation as Queen Katherine is only in the first 2 seasons I think.  This is definitely more in the White Queen/Princess realm, and I liked both.

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Well, it’s based on a Phillipa Gregory property so it’s guaranteed to veer into dramatic inventions.

But Starz did a pretty good job with The White Queen and The White Princess - also based on her writings - and I liked this first episode too.

But I’m a sucker for English period stuff.

I enjoyed the White Queen and White Princess and this is pretty much in the same mold and based on historical facts with a little drama added in. 

• 3 weeks later...

4 Episodes in: The characterizations are excellent and plot complexity is very well done. Plus you know much of what you are seeing probably happened. This is early GOT without the dragons or violence. And you never know what's going to happen or who''s going to die. Finally, you get to see more NSFW of Charlotte Hope, GOT's Myranda, Ramsey's whore.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch