The Terror Season 2 - Infamy - AMC

DDD Dad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Entertaining enough show this season. I think I preferred the style of suspense from S1 where the monster was much more unknown and mysterious. I thought the last few episodes of this season were kind of meandering and repetitive - a little less "chasing/being chased" could have accomplished the same thing. I felt like we were very much just "along for the ride" with respect to how the spirit and all the Japanese magic goes. I don't expect for the writers to have laid it out in exposition earlier on, and I don't have any idea what, if anything they could have done better. I think it's just something unavoidable with stories involving unusual mythologies and monsters. In other words, they don't have to explain the rules of vampires in entertainment because the audience already understands, but who knows the ground rules of the yurei? Nobody. And it would have been clunky and wasteful to get all bogged down in making it clear before everything was put into action, but I still felt like the resolution was kind of made up on the fly. 

Don't get me wrong - I really liked this show, and I appreciate how it shined a light on such a shameful chapter of our country's history, and highlighted lessons that some members of our current society need to really reflect on.....if they we capable of such things, that is, but nevertheless... [no CR] 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 1