MLB Proposals: Eliminate 42 Minor League Teams, Restructure Leagues, Move MLB Draft After CWS

atomheartbevo

On 10/20/2019 at 7:14 PM, Surly Bevo said:

Reorganization of leagues aside.

1. Harden the pitch clock with a ball/strike penalty for the party that breaks it. 

2. Outlaw the shift so more balls go in play.  

3.  Hard limits on mound visits from anybody (looking at you catchers....a QB doesn't get to stop the play and make sure he and the WR are on the same page about what is called...practice that shit and be better)

Basically speed up the game and make some attempt to eliminate the predictable nuclear warfare it has become of strikeouts, and home runs.

1. Don't care, could see either way. I have no problem with clocks in baseball. The rule about time between pitches has been on the books for a really long time. Just fucking enforce it.

2. This is one of the worst ideas I've ever read.

3. I can agree with this.

On 10/21/2019 at 1:07 PM, housious said:

If we're going to eliminate something, how about 75 or so games from the regular season?

I found an equally bad idea.

On 10/21/2019 at 7:08 PM, bschoolprof said:

1) DL in both leagues

2) automated zone

3) wild card game should be a 3 game series

4) I wouldn't mind a (slightly) shorter season

1) I found another equally bad idea.

2) Yes, please.

3) Nah. They should have won their division.

4) Nah.

Edited by Huckleberry

On 10/22/2019 at 1:32 PM, Helobious said:

The “expanding the brand” through minor league teams thing is so overblown. I live in San Antonio, I’ve never met one Brewers fan here even though the Missions are the Triple A team. Same thing when the Padres had them.

I know of a few people that were Padres and Brewers fans because of the Missions but those were people that really followed players through the minors and most people don't do that.