Music Server Metadata

Dbeasy

With Apple no longer supporting iTunes, I'm trying to figure out the best way to house digital music files and the metadata on a Windows 10 PC. Previously, I used iTunes with WAV files. That worked, even though you can't attach metadata to WAV files, because iTunes would pull the data from the Gracenote database. I'm looking at using Window Media Player going forward but have run into a lot of issues so far in making the transition. What does everyone use for metadata and lossless music file storage? I'm willing to re-rip 600+ CD's to get it right.

There are a number of tag editors that purport to handle .wav files.  Can't say I have personal knowledge of them all.  Some are pretty funky from a user-interface perspective.  Picard is one that I think many like.   Can't speak to it, but this one seems particularly adapted to .wavs in Itunes. https://www.leawo.org/tutorial/edit-wav-tags-1387.html#part4

As for player, I would skip WMP and go with VLC.

You don't mention space or storage medium, so I guess that's not an issue?