Franklin & Friends @ TX Monthly BBQ Festival

Guest Lobo

Have two tickets for this at Franklin (he and three other pitmasters throwing the kick-off event to Texas Monthly Barbecue Festival).  It sold out in 60 minutes this morning, and I realized it was WVU game weekend. 

If you're interested in these, it's Saturday (Nov. 3rd) from 6:00-9:00p.  Selling the pair for $395.  I look forward to posts telling me it's not worth it for some barbecue.  

It says on the tickets that this is the first ever franklin & friends pre-Texas Monthly BBQ Festival event in history.  But maybe there some different incarnation a couple of years ago.  Again, this is not the public  festival at the Long Center.  

If it makes you feel any better, the tickets to the main Sunday festival are $165.  And while they include Franklin brisket, it's mainly standing in lines for various bite-size tastings (which are delicious to be fair).  And you still have to pay for parking, beer, and there's no where to sit.  But people are paying ACL level prices for 4 hours of samples.  So yeah, my tickets are pricey as well.  The whole weekend is a money grab.  

On 9/12/2018 at 9:51 PM, Lobo said:

It says on the tickets that this is the first ever franklin & friends pre-Texas Monthly BBQ Festival event in history.  But maybe there some different incarnation a couple of years ago.  Again, this is not the public  festival at the Long Center.  

I was talking about just Franklin.  2 years ago it was $100/head to host a private event at his restaurant.