The France Thread

sidis

<csb> good recs in this thread though I'm no foodie.  flew Austin to Lyon 5 years ago on Aeroflot in business class through Moscow one-way for $2200.  annoying how hard it is to find decently priced one-way tickets from here to Europe in J but had no idea at the time it'd be my last time flying a Russian airline.  had a great time seeing friends living in Grenoble </csb>

the stairs at Montmartre suck but I love that there are random dudes selling beers unless I'm misremembering other huge sets of stairs in Paris.  F TABC

to add something of use to this thread Hotel Du Jeu De Paume in Paris was in a great location a very short walk from Notre Dame on the other little island on the Seine.  I'm also uncultured and had some beers at Galway Irish Pub

Posted (edited)

We are here now. Just went up the Tower at 9:30. No line whatsoever for the stairs. Short line for the elevator. Stairs are the way. An average person should be able to get to each level in 5-6 minutes without trying to go fast. 

We are in an apartment between the Tower and Invalids. Great location. Lots of markets nearby for baguettes, meat, and fruit for a quick meal at the apartment.   Several casual meals at neighborhood restaurants and brasseries. 

Notre Dame this afternoon. Then the train to the coast for the next 3 days. 

Edited by Your Mom