Recommend an around the house game camera!

horn4life

I want to help out my neighbor lady who again has a hole in her eave where a creature, my guess is raccoon, has taken up residence.  The house is empty and she's a hoarder, so I could just seal up whatever is in there. But I would never do that to the animal, nor as a repair.  So I thought about perhaps mounting a game camera near the hole in in the eave and video taping whatever comes out. Then trap creatures until nothing triggers the game cam. 

I don't hunt, but the I can think of a couple ways I could use it after the fact observing wildlife around the house. But my main concern is what the cameras see at night, so maybe longer nighttime taping capability?  Closer focal point, might also be important? I have a pond area in my front courtyard that I would probably mount it after the project, as we get all sorts of animals (especially in summer) coming into get a drink of water.  So I could probably get some good footage just for fun here.  I don't know much about the cams so any suggestions are appreciated.  I would probably want 1080p resolution, simply I would be pissed if I had something cool that was unnecessarily grainy.   I guess the other detail is I don't really need a long distance as most of the stuff I will video will be less than 20 feet away, if that helps you guys guide me.

Thanks in advance

Edited by horn4life