Marcus Freeman to take over ND

BurntOrange&White

38 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Makes me wonder a little bit about the Day to the Bears rumors.  Fick could be waiting for Ohio State to open up?

The speculation in the local sports media is that Day wouldn’t leave after a loss to Michigan because it would look like he was running away. But NFL teams have come sniffing around trying to lure Day away before and I’m sure they’ll continue to do so. Ryan says all the right things when talking about the OSU job but you never know if he’ll decide to make the leap back to the pros. But I know he’s no Harbaugh fan and there’s nothing he’d like more than to stick that “born on third base and thought they hit a triple” line back in his face. (Pretty rich coming from a guy whose dad was a coach at Michigan. He’s been around that program since he was a child.)

The timing wasn’t right for ND, Luke’s building something in Cincy, the family likes it there, UC is about to move to the Big 12. Maybe he’s content to stick it out for another few years to see what happens.