Texas vs Stanford @ 2pm on ABC

SDG

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Carr averaged 19+ pts (very good), 4.9 ast (very good), and 4.0 reb (very good) in the Big 10 last year. his regression is equal parts puzzling and frustrating. you really can't average 5+ ast/gm without being a great passer/facilitator, and yet he has not approached being that this year. honestly, freshman J'Covan >>> Carr as a facilitator and passer. Carr has been a total flop thus far. very disappointing. still, i hold out hope that can eventually tune in and turn on, and become the high impact player he was supposed to be. if he does, it will take us to the next level. it would be a total game changer. 

Funny, I think Carr's passing / assists have been the ONLY thing that have been remotely above average in his play. I didn't see today's game, so maybe he was off. But as bad as his scoring, driving, rebounding has been in previous games, his distribution and passes into cutting lanes has been pretty effective. Still a huge disappointment thus far overall. 

If you listen to Beard, he's happy with the defense and says that most shots our guys are taking are in the plan, they're just not going down.  He seems convinced our shooting talent is better than we've seen, and he's committed to working on getting shots to drop.  I'm willing to wait.