PRE-CLEAR-GE vs Poors

midtown

CLEAR-PRE-GE vs POORS  

78 members have voted

1. 1. If you are traveling with a poor person do you?

• Wait in the poors line with them?
    • Go through and wait for them on the other side?

• 3 months later...

I guess this is the go to TSA/GE/Clear thread.

WTF IAH?   First of all they had 75% of their GE kiosks closed this past Friday which created about a 5 min wait.  Just landed a triple from Narita so I assume lots of GE folks.  Ok no big deal.   No receipt printed anymore.  No eye scanner or passport entry.  Just a picture and you go through.  Now this is where it get interesting.  There was another line about 10-15 mins long.  Everyone was just looking at each saying wtf is with this?   Two CBP officers for GE line.  They take your passport and match it with a screen that has everyone's photo from what I can tell.  This seems like a step back.  How do they even know you have GE?   They did reject one guy so I assume they have some facial recognition going on.  I asked an officer after I got through about the new procedure and he just said yeah this is the new system. 

Also IAH the first TSA checkpoint has no pre-check.  I went through vs going all the way to a different checkpoint.  I assume this is by design that they'd prefer to go full check on everyone. 

Edited by midtown

• 1 year later...

Anyone use the new global entry app that just launched?  Ill be testing it next week on the way back in from central america.  Looks like you just take a selfie when you are landing etc and that takes the place of the kiosk all together. Looks like it only works at the following

• Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
  • Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
  • Miami International Airport (MIA)
  • Orlando International Airport (MCO)
  • Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
  • Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT)
  • George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
Edited by midtown
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, midtown said:

Anyone use the new global entry app that just launched?  Ill be testing it next week on the way back in from central america.  Looks like you just take a selfie when you are landing etc and that takes the place of the kiosk all together. Looks like it only works at the following

• Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
  • Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
  • Miami International Airport (MIA)
  • Orlando International Airport (MCO)
  • Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
  • Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT)
  • George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)

I'm flying into Miami from Colombia on the 4th. Just downloaded the app.