Amazon Echo - unbox or prime day replace first gen echo?

More Harvey Drama.... Five years ago, I bought two first generation Amazon Echos to be gifted to my kids for their September birthdays. Of course, Harvey came along and the unopened Amazon box ended up in storage instead. Fast forward to now, the Amazon box has come out of storage and 4th generation Echos are 40% off for Prime Day 2022. What to do? I assume the successive generations have made improvements. And, Mr. Google suggests that the first generation Echo may no longer be supported by Amazon and may have issues. An Amazon chat bot assured me all generations of Echos use the same firmware and they will work just fine. But, she also encouraged me to buy new ones, because, well, just because....

Anyone out there with a first generation Echo, or who has recently traded up from a first generation Echo, who can advise whether to keep and use the two we already have, or to take advantage of Prime Day and get two of the current model? Thanks.

Well, my facebook friends gave more, but less witty, answers.  Enough of them said "my first gen echo works just fine," that I will roll with the new ones that have been stored for the last 5 years.   If they have an issue, there is always prime day 2023....