We stayed here:

Ate here:

• La Pasodita
  • Lavanda
  • The Restaurant
  • Luna Rooftop Tapas

Also highly recommend the Casa Dragones tasting:

http://casadragones.com/visit-la-casa-dragones/

Thanks.  Belmond is probably top of the list.  Decent rate with Sapphire points.

It seems like there are only a couple hotels in that area (Belmond and Hacienda de las Flores).  Is that the part of town you definitely want to be in?

Edited by Spoosner
Added question

It's been about 10 years since I've been, so my recommendations would probably be out of date. San Miguel is great, although there are a ton of expats there.

I would strongly recommend a day trip to Guanajuato. It's only 90 minutes away. Beautiful colonial city that is a UNESCO site. 

MexicoMainlandInteriorGuanajuatoCityView

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spoosner said:

Thanks.  Belmond is probably top of the list.  Decent rate with Sapphire points.

It seems like there are only a couple hotels in that area (Belmond and Hacienda de las Flores).  Is that the part of town you definitely want to be in?

It was a good spot. because it was in the middle of it all. Rosewood is really nice and bigger, but is also further removed. Could walk to everything at the Belmond. 

Second Guanajuato.....beautiful city. You can actually make a nice long day trip through independence country in Guanajuato state (along Ruta 2010). Go to Guanajuato early in the morning and spend some time there. On the way back, you can roll through Dolores Hidalgo where the most famous "Grito" of Mexican independence was uttered and as I recall, the road back to San Miguel will take you by the Atotonilco Sanctuary, which is a must to visit in the San Miguel area whether you tour around Guanajuato state or not. 

• Like 1