Spurs 2023-24: Let's Put Another Shrimp on the Barbie!

Schulz2.0

8 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Maddison needs to show up. Granted he's hasn't really gotten over his injury, but he's done fuck all since the November Chelsea match. 

Teams have figured out how to play against Postecoglu's system.

Spurs have been unlucky as well in this game. 2 free headers by Romero that didn’t go in. VDV’s disallowed goal by a super tight offsides.

Additionally Son needs to do more. He passes a hair too much for my liking. Needs more shots. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Both sides can argue they were unlucky.  Saka's goal came immediately after Kulusevski should have got a penalty. 

This and bringing up the 2 Romero misses and VDV’s razor thin offsides (not that he was/wasnt, but that a split second earlier/later he might be onside).

Had their chances, but with that big early hole …

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Both sides can argue they were unlucky.  Saka's goal came immediately after Kulusevski should have got a penalty. 

I gotta wonder if VAR waived that one off because Arsenal scored. It’s been a question for a long time what would VAR do if their call would make that huge of an impact (give a penalty and remove an opposing goal). Maybe we now know. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Welp. Finally secured tickets for Burnley.  Which was not easy. Sitting in the south stand this time.

I logged in within 20 mins of the One Hotspur+ ticket window.  All gone.  Finally on Sunday/Monday the ticket exchange opened and finally found two together in the south stand.  But you can only buy one per member during the exchnage window.  Since its a sellout the window does not open to the public.  So my buddy and to buy a Spurs membership and I was able to buy a second.   Should be a great time at WHL 2.0

Edited by midtown
  • Hook 'Em 4

11 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

And now Werner is out the rest of the year. Hamstring injury that KO’d him from the Arsenal game. Wonderful. 

Davies out for the season as well.

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Chelsea has something like 14 players unavailable for the game tomorrow. So there is that.

Big whoop they are probably going to get Spurs to commit 30 fouls, have 3 reds and probably injure a few more players for good measure. 

• Hook 'Em 1

But without his transfer fee we not having. Maddison Mickey Johnson and Vicario. 

Maddison been just another guy since his injury. 

I like Mickey a lot. Or I love his speed 

Johnson dope, I hope he stays for 5+ years. 

Vic need to beef up. He good. But gets bodied hard on them corners to often 

Just now, midtown said:

Anyone having dejavu. Jose. Conte? Strong start. Terrible lackluster slow regression?

Not yet. Major differences here were the injuries & international absences. The heart of the season was a disaster when we were dealt a major blow coming out of the first Chelsea match in November. That match defined our season. 

1 minute ago, midtown said:

Anyone having dejavu. Jose. Conte? Strong start. Terrible lackluster slow regression?

I don't think the team completely loathes Ange and has given up. That was the case with Jose and Antonio. We need another season to turnover the squad and add depth that actually fits the system. 

Just now, DeepEastTexas said:

That match defined our season. 

Injuries and AFCON derailed the season. Part of that is the lack of depth. Teams also adjusted to Ange's system. He needs a plan B when plan A isn't working.

I don't think Europa League is the worst thing if they use it to get some young guys some experience. Guys like Devine, Bergvall, Moore, and Phillips could use playing time to develop.

4 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Injuries and AFCON derailed the season. Part of that is the lack of depth. Teams also adjusted to Ange's system. He needs a plan B when plan A isn't working.

That Chelsea match in November is when the injuries started.  Mickey and Maddison both went out for 2+ months, Bissouma and Romero both get suspended as a result of their actions in that match. Asia Cup and Africa Cup didn't help, but it started well before the international breaks for Son, Bissouma, Sarr, and others. 

Agree that Ange needs a Plan B.  That was evident all season long. 

Desperately need a refresh to build depth.  Davies, Royal, Lo Celso, Hojbjerg all need to go.  We need Ndombele off the books and we need to be aggressive in the market. 

• Hook 'Em 2