Physical Constants are due to the Quantum Field

RayDog

I published a couple papers to an on-line journal that I am particularly happy with. The titles are  "Physical Constants as Properties of the van der Waals Torque of the Quantum Field" and
"Fine Structure Constant as the Polarization of the Quantum Field by a Unit Charge." 

The one on physical constants is a response to the claims that some people make that the physical constants were fine-tuned, which I address in my book God Hates Science.  I wanted to show that the physical constants arise directly from properties of the quantum field of standard model quantum field theory. Space always contains a quantum field and the uniformity of the quantum field produces a unique set of physical constants. There is no magic to it.

In the process I figured out a physical interpretation of the fine structure constant that is an important discovery in its own right.

Physical Constants as Properties of the van der Waals Torque of the Quantum Field

Fine Structure Constant as the Polarization of the Quantum Field by a Unit Charge

Edited by RayDog
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...