I think my address is being used for scam(s) - help

BeardIP

Here is the situation:

I built a house a few years ago. As such, I'm the only person who has ever lived in it and at this particular address. Completely new build in a new build development.

For months I've been getting random mail addressed to another man's name, call it "John Doe". Now it's not real mail, it's solicitation mail, e.g. Allstate Home Insurance Estimate that gets blasted out to neighborhoods is one I got today, but in the past it has been "Home Warranty renew", and random things that signify this person has used my address in some way to portray himself as the homeowner of my specific address. I've googled the guys name (generic name) and my address and area to try and find if maybe there was a fat finger that transposed digits on the address or some harmless mistake, but it doesn't appear this guy exists. I've called one of the mailers and asked why they sent mail addressed to this guy to my house explaining the situation, to which it's just a call center employee and they have no idea.

Now, I say all that to say, today I got an even weirder piece of mail.

A woman used my address to have (again, generic name) a Way2Go Card from the state of Arizona's Department of Economic Security. A quick google search shows this is how the state of Arizona sends out payments to folks for child support, unemployment benefits and I assume their SNAP/welfare benefits? https://www.pymnts.com/mastercard/2021/arizonas-unemployment-benefits-child-support-to-be-paid-on-comerica-way2go-mastercards/This name is of course using my address and I have zero clue who this person is or if they are even real and not part of some scam. 

The question is, am I missing something here on how I'm inadvertently being used as some part of a scam? I had the thought that maybe scammers would google new developments and properties and use their addresses as they get developed, but to what end? What good is it if the Mastercard from Arizona is sent to my house and you are in an internet cafe in Tuscon or Liberia or wherever?

Anyone had this happen to them?

Edited by BeardIP

More googling, looks like there is a scam:

DES says scammers were using someone else's information to apply but adding their bank information. When DES couldn't verify the bank account, debit cards were automatically sent. A process that was supposed to be changed with the implementation of the ID.Me verification process.

https://www.abc15.com/news/let-joe-know/more-fraudulent-unemployment-debit-cards-going-to-people-who-never-applied