MLB 18 The Show

Fletch

I've been playing a lot of franchise mode and it's pretty fucking fun. 

I've also got a juiced up Dillon Peters and Brandon Workman in my starting rotation with a juiced up Hoby Milner and John Curtiss as my set up guys to Knebal to close it out. 

I've also got Brandon Belt as my starting first baseman and Josh Bell(who should be on campus at any time) as his back up and Blake swihart as my back up catcher. 

All in all, pretty fun game. Gonna start a road to the show thing pretty soon here too so yeah. Anyone else playing this?

I like fielder more simply because the games are shorter so I can play a few games quickly most every day.  Pitcher is a lot of fun too, though, especially since I was a pitcher.  As a pitcher I make my guy as close to what I really was like as a pitcher and see what I can do with it.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

i'm still playing mlb 2k12 on my old 360 because they still don't make mlb games for xbox one. so lame.

That sucks.  I would never own a console without a great baseball game but then again I'm a baseball diehard.

• 3 weeks later...
On Thursday, August 02, 2018 at 10:26 PM, Fletch said:

Started a RTTS as a pitcher. Any idea how to add new pitches as you go along? At the moment, I've got a 4 seamer, circle change and a slider. I'd love to add like a splitter and a sweeping curve or something like that 

I've been trying to figure out how to add a new pitcher as well but with no success.  My best guess is that you can do it further into your career through training.

this is probably the most frustrating part of being stuck with 2k12:

8655ae46bf3d0c13adf7a4e8ee748210.jpg

they just do not swing at balls. pretty much all of these pitches start out as strikes and then move a ton, but i can get ahead 0-2 against Rickie Weeks, or Mark Reynolds, or literally any pitcher and they'll either work the count back to 3-2 on great pitches or they'll just smack anything that's over the plate. 2k reeeaallly phoned it in down the stretch of this franchise.

6 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

this is probably the most frustrating part of being stuck with 2k12:

8655ae46bf3d0c13adf7a4e8ee748210.jpg

they just do not swing at balls. pretty much all of these pitches start out as strikes and then move a ton, but i can get ahead 0-2 against Rickie Weeks, or Mark Reynolds, or literally any pitcher and they'll either work the count back to 3-2 on great pitches or they'll just smack anything that's over the plate. 2k reeeaallly phoned it in down the stretch of this franchise.

MLB the Show is pretty good about this.  If you set a guy up then there is a good chance he chases a quality 0-2 pitch.

• 2 weeks later...