Cloak Room Sucks

On 2/8/2024 at 10:09 AM, YGIFS said:

Speaking of crime-bitching...I just realized who Incredulity reminds me of in the California Black Friday thread.  Katy from 'Animal House.'  OFFICERS, OFFICERS, they're looting the Food King!!!!!

I actually think he's got a good sense of humor, or at least we share the same twisted one.  Plus at least he's willing to engage and bring some opinions and news to the table instead of just bitching incessantly about unfair it is that we just can't have a "Greatest President Evah!!!" forum with absolutely zero to back it up like probably 40% of this board would like to have.  

I come back to the same point again, from the LFZ Capitol Steps days to old Shaggy to even the first couple years here, we used to have robust, bi-partisan debates on here with facts and figures and legit news outlets being cited.  And I went on the attack a lot on Democrats, and a bit on Republicans.  And then we just started to mirror and match Trump and just made pouty declarations and if people didn't totally agree, everybody got all pissy and took their ball and went home.  And they're still bitching all these years later.  In the end, he was a mirror and some folks finally felt validated...but then got upset that not everybody wanted to see what they saw.  As crazy as the forum has gotten, my most haunting fear (besides the collapse of our Republic), is think about how well-educated and successful and engaged the bulk of the posters on here are.  And yet we still have these issues and hissy-fits.  How fucking godawful is it actually out there in middle-America right now?  How fucking low have they sunk?  How delusional?  How much denial are they in?  We all get pissy with one another but I know most of you are smart, capable folks with good intentions.  But what the fuck must it be like on private, uneducated message boards and dimly lit corners on Main Street in GED America?  I mean, we're a twisted lot...but it's gotta be a fucking nightmare out there for the stupids...and worse yet, they can't see it for what it is.  /rant

That’s a whole lot of words to say “don’t visit the Tiger Droppings board”.

• Haha 1

On 2/19/2024 at 5:32 AM, Neonmoon said:

Herein lies the essence of the issue. 

I assume you believe that all 4 of these people are equally bad somehow? Please explain how John Fetterman is comparable to MTG and Ted Cruz is comparable to AOC.

Nah.  That would be substantive content requiring some back up.  It is far easier to “both sides” and “CR is crap”, and leave your opinion at that.