February 67 - the emergence of Faux Paul

Texzilla58

Most of probably aren’t aware that Paul McCartney was killed in a car wreck in 1966 and replaced by an imposter named Billy Shears, who stared making appearances as Paul in February 67.

Is it real or was it an elaborate hoax engineered by John and George Martin? If real it was due to pressure from the UK elites to keep the money train flowing.

So in the late 60’s the clues started amassing from lyrics, backmasking, and album art. It was a Life magazine story and I had a buddy in jr high who was like a jfk conspiracist chasing clues.

Some of the common ones. Revolution 9 is full of crazy back tracking. Taking the album you’d spin it backwards and the cartridge, being a transducer, would put the sound thru your system. “Number 9” backwards was “turn me on dead man!” Over and over. There’s also a massive car wreck m, fire, and Paul screaming “get me out!”

The clothes on Abbey Rd. The license plate of the Beetle 28IF. As in if he lived.

The walrus. The sgt pepper cover with Paul having a OPD patch. Glass onion. The clues were endless.

I don’t know why I remembered this tonight but it was a real thing, whether it was real or not.

the Billy was just waiting for this chance and then instantly integrated into the biggest band in the world and then later had a 5 decade long post Beatles career where he made all kinds of classic music and collaborated with most of the worlds top artists.  And all this was kept completely in secret except for a few cryptic things on some records and album sleeves. Pretty damn impressive for Billy.

Paul Mccartney Singing GIF by The Beatles

The story was that it was an Mi5 operation to make this guy into Faul.

It’s a long list of clues. I think it was a brilliant hoax put together by John and George Martin, partly as a good one Paul who was bristly, and it just grew and grew. It’s too big to be coincidence. It as a lot of fun chasing the thing in 8th grade back when there was no internet. You had to go to the library and research. Taught me a lot. My buddy was convinced it was real.