World of subscription sports: How cable/ satellite could affect the sport we enjoy...

kopp0e

This is just a thread to post news on the ongoing changes in not only ESPN & FS1, but also conference networks, as well as regional college sports networks, and/ or professional networks...

FCC dismisses beIN claim against Comcast, says beIN didn't prove ...

awfulannouncing.com/.../fcc-dismisses-bein-claim-against-comcast-says-bein-didnt-pr...
2 days ago - beIN Sports' complaint to the FCC that Comcast favored NBCSN ... didn't prove unfair treatment, can't prove they're similarly situated to NBCSN.

Currently, there is a fight to keep the BTN on Comcast, within the B1G conference footprint/ PAC talks of negotiations with AT&T/ ACC looking to add markets/ SECN still growing...

BTN/Fox in Conflict with Comcast - On the Banks

Jul 24, 2018 - An expiring contract may keep BTN off Comcast customers' televisions this football ... and Fox Sports, who controls the Big Ten Network, expires at the end of August. ... was to removeBTN from all cable systems outside the Big Ten footprint.

Pac-12 Networks working to extend deal with AT&T, but without ...

Jul 26, 2018 - As of this moment, Comcast will stop showing the the network in markets within ... specifically on the Big Ten situation but indicated the Pac-12 Networks, which ...

ACC Network needs unique content (not overflow) to succeed - Troy ...

Jul 26, 2018 - For the ACC Network to succeed, it needs unique content (not overflow) ... component as well) will house all things ACC, and there's talk it could add something in the ... already dropping the Big Ten network outside the conference footprint.

SEC Network making its way to more viewers in… New York ...

Jul 16, 2018 - That is a nice addition for the SEC Network, as it will make its way to more than 3 ... With more of a footprint in the northeast, the future also looks optimistic for the ...

Comcast adds Amazon Prime Video in effort to cut off cord cutting ...

2 days ago - The phenomenon of cord cutting–cancelling cable or satellite TV service in exchange for using just so-called “over the top” subscription services such as Netflix ...

Comcast cuts in on the Disney and Fox dance | GLDS

www.glds.com › Blog
Jul 17, 2018 - Comcast made a bid for Fox, challenging that already posed by Disney. ... VideoProvisioning · Voice & Internet Provisioning · Video-on-Demand ... Amazon and NetFlix are viewed as serious opponents with a tech edge that Comcast is only starting to ... The road to the future has not been an easy road for the cable giant.

Cord-Cutting Study: U.S. Pay-TV Cancelers to Hit 33 Million in 2018 ...

Jul 24, 2018 - In 2018, the number of cord-cutters in the U.S. will climb 32.8%, to 33.0 million adults, ... Bayer Steps Up Attack on Netflix's 'The Bleeding Edge,' Calling Producers ... Choice Targeted in $120 Million Hostile Takeover Bid by Canada's Stingray ... That's followed by Amazon Prime Video (88.7 million), Hulu (55 million), HBO ...

That’s a lot of links. 

What I can say regarding cord cutting and live sports: it kind of sucks. I have tried Hulu Live, PSVue, and DirecTV now, and each one at different times has suffered lag or freezing, and you will always be a few seconds behind. So turn off your phone/text messages unless you want spoilers. 

Honestly, I have had more success watching pirate feeds on my computer, sad as it is to say. 

I didn't follow any of those links, what's the bottom line? Me and the missus have Psvue (almost top tier, no HBO/Showtime) on 3 Roku streaming sticks and it gives me everything I want. As long as this doesn't fuck with that...don't care.

5 hours ago, Sejjr said:

That’s a lot of links. 

What I can say regarding cord cutting and live sports: it kind of sucks. I have tried Hulu Live, PSVue, and DirecTV now, and each one at different times has suffered lag or freezing, and you will always be a few seconds behind. So turn off your phone/text messages unless you want spoilers. 

Honestly, I have had more success watching pirate feeds on my computer, sad as it is to say. 

Yeah, I've tried a bunch without success.   Only reason I still have cable is for live sports, specifically CFB and MBB.  Thankfully a skinny package gets me all bundled up for now.