Conference call companies

I use Spectrum VoIP (note - different from Spectrum cable) and their service includes conference call / bridge line capability.  They are based in DFW, and when researching VoIP solutions for my company, they provided the best value prop of all the VoIP providers I looked at.

If you’re currently using VoIP, your provider may already offer the capability - just check with them.  If not using VoIP... why not?

edit:  Wait, when you say your company do you mean the one you own of the one you work for?  I assumed own.

Edited by solamente73
Assumption

the way the phone companies work is they pay each other for calls. The originator phone company pays the receiving phone company some minuscule amount for each call. Most of the big ones such as At&t and sprint come close to balancing out and they just float it.

Company's like freeconferencecall set up a phone company in some shithole area of some shithole state. They don't have any customers other than themselves. They don't have any outgoing calls, so all calls are incoming, and they make money from the transfer fees from the other phone companies.

31 minutes ago, blacklab said:

the way the phone companies work is they pay each other for calls. The originator phone company pays the receiving phone company some minuscule amount for each call. Most of the big ones such as At&t and sprint come close to balancing out and they just float it.

Company's like freeconferencecall set up a phone company in some shithole area of some shithole state. They don't have any customers other than themselves. They don't have any outgoing calls, so all calls are incoming, and they make money from the transfer fees from the other phone companies.

Huh.  Didn't know that, but it makes me feel better about using a free company.  Thanks