9.24.18 Coach Herman press conference (Noon)

bigup2dahorns

56 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Easily the worst playcall of the day.

I don't know. When TCU had 3 down linemen and 1 linebacker in the box, we would gain 4-5 yards a pop. TCU was predominantly in that alignment. However, we continued to try to pass against it. I don't understand why it is so hard to run the damn ball and force TCU to change alignment and then once they change, pass the ball.

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I don't know. When TCU had 3 down linemen and 1 linebacker in the box, we would gain 4-5 yards a pop. TCU was predominantly in that alignment. However, we continued to try to pass against it. I don't understand why it is so hard to run the damn ball and force TCU to change alignment and then once they change, pass the ball.

If you're talking about the first drive of the second half, that was pretty bad as a collection of plays. But when you consider the situation and the lack of awareness with respect to opponent and personnel usage, that 4th and 1 sticks out in a bad way.

I suppose it should be considered progress that we can now focus in on a drive or two and a couple isolated plays as being shit-tastic instead of a wire-to-wire malaise.

• Like 1