When your decorations for home on XMAS are too realistic- Austin calls 911 on ya...

AUS-97HORN

I wonder if the family won the decorating contest....

A Texas man took his Christmas decorations to another level this year -- and nearly gave a passerby a heart attack in the process.

Austin homeowner Chris Heerlein wanted to win his neighborhood decorating contest, so he bought a dummy online and put a Clark Griswold mask on it, Then, he went to Goodwill to find an outfit that looks just like the one Chevy Chase wears as Griswold in “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.”

Alfred Norwood Jr., a 65-year-old veteran in Austin, told the Washington Post, he was driving home after taking his wife to work last week when he saw the dummy hanging off the eave of the Austin home, tangled in Christmas lights and looking very much like a homeowner in distress. So Norwood jumped into action.

Surveillance video from Nest Cam documented the whole ordeal, including Norwood saying, “Oh, mister, please hold on!” and calling for help. He even called 911.

“I thought I was going to save somebody that day,” Norwood told the Washington Post, “and that was the only thing on my mind.”

Heerlein, the homeowner, said he was out of town that day and his wife was getting their kids ready, so neither of them were aware of the stressful situation. They’ve since put up a sign reading, “Clark G. is part of our Christmas display. Please don’t call 911.”

https://www.statesman.com/news/20181203/passerby-calls-911-on-fake-christmas-vacation-clark-griswold-christmas-display