AVP/FIVB Beach Volleyball, anyone?

wood

• 1 month later...

Field/Budinger looks interesting...

That's a new pairing, right?

ETA: Yep. I like their chances. Wonder how Nick will do without Phil. And big Ed Ratledge just keeps on coming back with his long-ass arms...

Edited by wood

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Nope, they didn’t renew or something. Bally’s should have coverage for the bigger tourneys later. 

Cool. Thanks for the bracket link. First 3 matches on ct. 2 on Friday have some potential.  

Weird how they didn't list the 1st round matches in order by start time (Match 4 starts before matches 1-3, etc).

Edited by wood

So, rain all tonight & tomorrow, followed by 98 on Friday, 99 Saturday, and 97 Sunday.

Lovely.

I've always wanted to see how these west coast boys would handle some real Austin heat. Guess we're gonna find out.

No real stadium court this year. Just a small bleacher along one side of what was Court 1 last year. They are calling that stadium court. Then just two other courts besides that. Because $, I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

The AVP is a mere shell of its past self, sadly. The sport isn't nearly as entertaining, at least on the men's side, as it was before the rules changed. Used to be so much more wide-open, with different ways to win. Now the sport's rules cater completely to the big men and the teams are so cookie-cutter. Short points. Few rallies. Rare comeback victories, etc, etc.

Don't get me wrong. I'll still go, because I love volleyball and the vibe, but the quality of the product is nowhere near what it once was.

Yep. Very few real personalities. Very little agressive jumpserving because rally scoring combined with a small court.

The rule changes just took so much out of what used to be one of the best sports in the world. Fucking FIVB.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...