Hotel Zaza Houston museum district

immortal13

My wife and I like Icon better simply because of location. There are 20-30 good bars and restaurants within a 5 minute walk from Icon. We Uber to Midtown if we want to party down there just because the last few times we rode the train is was pretty sketchy. What’s worse than being on the train is waiting for the train on the platform. There are just too many homeless unstable people hanging around. It’s worth it to Uber for us.

On 2/18/2019 at 8:01 PM, immortal13 said:

Anybody ever stayed here? I'm thinking about booking a room for the Houston Rodeo in a couple of weeks....looking for something really nice and this one caught my interest

Stayed at Zaza about 80 nights last year before I moved to Houston full time. Nice hotel and they take great care of their regulars. My fiancé loved coming to Houston and staying with me.

That being said, a brand new construction Intercontinental just opened in the Med Center and it’s really nice. Has a great bar with good bartenders. We stayed there throughout January from the time it opened until we moved into our new house at the beginning of the month. Totally different vibe, but we decided we preferred it over Zaza. For going to NRG, both are in a good location, but you will be Ubering to bars and restaurants.