Learn me on Calgary

BrazilHorn

What kind of food are you looking for? Go to Charcut if you like cured meats (by the Calgary tower) and get a charcuterie plate and a side of duck fat poutine fries...  Fantastic regional oyster selection at the seafood place in the Hyatt. Hy's Steakhouse is good for steaks. Joey' Eau Claire is also a good spot with lots of "scenery"...  I haven't been there in almost 2 years and with the oil downturn, I've heard a lot of places have closed so check to see any of the ones are still open before trying to go...

18 minutes ago, Grimas said:

What kind of food are you looking for? Go to Charcut if you like cured meats (by the Calgary tower) and get a charcuterie plate and a side of duck fat poutine fries...  Fantastic regional oyster selection at the seafood place in the Hyatt. Hy's Steakhouse is good for steaks. Joey' Eau Claire is also a good spot with lots of "scenery"...  I haven't been there in almost 2 years and with the oil downturn, I've heard a lot of places have closed so check to see any of the ones are still open before trying to go...

Thanks - All those sound good, have spent past 30 minutes watching your avatar.

If you are there on a (I think) Monday night, the Palomino Smokehouse across from the Hyatt has a all-you-can-eat pork rib special for 15 or 20 bucks and they do a good job on 'em. (I get them dry with sauce on the side).  Kind of a biker bar but a good place to watch baseball or NFL on the tvs.

The avatar isn't my wife... :)

• 9 months later...