Sonicwall Firewalls

kevwun

9 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Anyone have a rec for companies that can configure Sonicwall firewalls in Austin or Houston?  I have 2 NSA 2650's that are going to replace our primary and secondary firewall, but configuring them is beyond me.

Good question. I have the same issue with Fortinet. Their support team does a decent job but no UTM company is really set up to deal with small businesses. I have the same issue with some medical software suppliers. They ask to speak with my IT team - I either have to lie or to tell them to fuck off. It pisses me off when you spend thousands of dollars on software and hardware and they won't provide support.

BTW, I am thinking of getting a refurbished NSA 3600 or TZ 600 as they seem less expensive than Fortinet, but configuring the thing definitely keeps me from making the change. It took me forever to get my system to recognize the printer over the ethernet. The first time I tried, I gave up and used the wireless setup. The second time, we were finally able to figure out that the problem wasn't with Canon or Fortinet - it was a faulty ethernet cable that worked intermittently.

I know enough about their configs to be able to read them and make small changes, but setting them up from scratch is something I'm not capable of.  I've been using a network guy for projects like this for a long time, but he is getting unreliable with getting things done in a timely manner.  I don't really want to find someone else to do it because he's the best at what he does that I've seen in 20 years of IT work, but he's not leaving me much of a choice.