NBA 2K20

Baboontyme

Anyone play this? 

Santa brought it for the 10 year old. I have never played before but I've taken it up with him. Fun, but some things are maddening. I've googled with minimal results. 

How can you play with injured players? For example, I want to do a quick matchup game with the Warriors vs. the Nets. You're damn right I want Steph and Klay on my team and KD on the Nets. But it doesn't work. On the 'team picker' screen, you can press down the L3 knob (PS4) and select from NBA 2K20 rosters, download a roster, or injury free roster. When you click on injury free roster, it resets the teams on the team picker screen but when you cycle through them, still no Steph, Klay, KD, etc. 

How the fuck do you play Defense? It's nearly impossible to stay in front of anyone, let alone should you find yourself playing against LeBron or Giannis. My nephews told me use the L3 knob to move and the R3 knob to jab at the ball and then triangle to contest. Still can't stay in front of anyone. If you try to switch onto a player they go by you before you can even take control. 

How do you improve individual players? Can you do this for regular gameplay or does it have to be in My Team/ My Season mode?

I play but mostly GM mode as my player sucks and I get my ass kicked online. Defense, just stay close on the side and you will alter most shots unless they are floaters. No real way to defend that. I have only improved players through the GM mode. I also still use X to shoot(xbox) cause fuck that thumbstick shit

Been playing this with my son for years.  There are some players who are basically unstoppable in the game.  Giannis, Lebron, and Kawhi are the main ones.  Doncic is getting there.  It doesn't help that 2k AI absolutely sucks at help defense.  The funny thing is that for most other players the slightest bump from a defender stops them in their tracks.

Yeah my kid is not a gamer. This is the first game he's actually played somewhat consistently. He's 10, so I consider that a good thing.  I'm not really a gamer either, I only have the PS4 because I wanted to play RDR2. But suffice to say I picked it up a bit quicker than he did and all things being equal I would probably win. So he insists on playing with stacked teams and has final say over which teams I can pick. For example, the Grizzlies are too good for me to play with and so are the Hornets but the Bulls are not. Yes, it's super fun trying to stop LeBron or Giannis with Lauri Markannen and PJ Washington.