touchthemonolith

Who is the worst Texas quarterback of the past 10 years?

8 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Ok holy shit. Yeah dude orangebloods is over there. Shit, I think like 3 people still post on hornfans. Not sure this is the place for, man. 

The west side is where the old fucks sit who tell you to sit down and stop making noise while we’re on defense. They’re an infuriating bunch. And they show up 30 minutes after kickoff. Fucking everyone knows this. The fucking hippie chick who’s tripping acid right now and doesn’t give a fuck about football could probably tell you that the old boring fucks sit on the west side 

My apologies.

5 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Heard had the biggest ups and downs of the group. I can't shake the feeling that, if he had had anything close to competent coaching and development, he would have been an above average college QB. 

As a program, we shat on him.

Heard's time here reminded me of what the NFL does with quarterbacks (thinking of Colt McCoy in Cleveland). It seemed like we started him, he was great for 1.5 games, then he was poor for 1.5 games, and then he was over. i never felt like I saw enough of him to say "oh yeah, we're better with him at WR". 

Edited by SwanderedTalent

26 minutes ago, Fletch said:

...with Milroe comin in next year...

Yeah, about that ...

^ I’m still catching up on recruiting. Let me guess, the Brockermeyer fucks are fucking us even harder? 

edit: well fuck me. What the mother fuck?!?!?!?!? 

Edited by Fletch

20 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Heard's time here reminded me of what the NFL does with quarterbacks (thinking of Colt McCoy in Cleveland). It seemed like we started him, he was great for 1.5 games, then he was poor for 1.5 games, and then he was over. i never felt like I saw enough of him to say "oh yeah, we're better with him at WR". 

I'm going to agree with this. I never thought Heard was just terrible aside from that Iowa State game and in hindsight Charlie just was not a very good coach, which probably had a LOT to do with it. That Cal game was the only "holy shit" game he put up, but he did also beat OU pretty handily during that same year. 

I was really surprised that Herman didn't give him more of a second chance at QB when he got here considering he was a better runner and athlete than Buchele. Maybe that's the dispositive proof that he wasn't any good, but I always thought the move to receiver was something of a hasty decision given the flashes we had seen before.

16 hours ago, satyanash said:

People here have a ridiculously over-romanticized view of how good Heard was because of that one Cal game. He was terrible, and very clearly never bothered to learn the offense during his redshirt year. There's a reason Swoopes of all people took back the starting job from him - people need to re-watch the 2015 game against Iowa State again, it's without doubt the worst performance by a Texas QB this decade.

That being said, the answer is still Gilbert. I don't remember another Texas QB this decade who was literally booed off the field.

I bought into the Heard hype after that Cal game. 

16 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I bought into the Heard hype after that Cal game. 

Without the freak special teams fuckups, Heard beats Cal and OSU that year to go 7-5, sets a high water mark for Strong's tenure, and gives the team a little momentum going into 2016. It probably means the strong's super shitty staff stays together another year, and he gets one last chance with a new staff in 2017 while Herman goes to LSU...

SpiffyAdmirableEskimodog-size_restricted

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

His high school tape was great but he was playing against short white dudes in private schools. Him, Ash, Heard and Swoopes(again, 18wheeler wise) could’ve been effective under Herman but whatever. Card, JQJ, and Thompson with Milroe comin in next year. Ash is the only one that would have a shot at beating any of those dudes out but whatever. Looking forward to 10 years of UT qb’s getting selected in the top 3 rounds of the draft. God damn we’re in for a hell of a decade if Herman keeps recruiting like this and we keep up this true spread offense, holy fuck. The machine that Texas(fuck off, Nebraska cornholer) outta be will finally be unleashed. Let’s fuck shit up!!!!

Milroe decommited ans went to bama

I'll go with Tyrone Swoopes. Garrett Gilbert was horrible, but at least it was just one season. With Swoopes, we finished below .500 all three of his full seasons. 

Edited by n64ra

Flip a coin between Gilbert and Swoopes, but at least Gilbert went somewhere else and quarterbacked effectively. Swoopes epitomizes the "that's the best we got?" talent levels of the middle of last decade. He didn't end up changing positions because we needed him at QB, even though he was terrible, because we were terrible at the position. 

14 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

there's different kinds of AIDS?!?!?

Yep.  Super AIDS.  The new strain of AIDS that’s resistant to all known forms of treatment.  One teaspoon of that up your butt and you’re dead in three years