Subway's Bread ruled Sugar Bread - (Ireland)

Neonmoon

This does raise an interesting point, with all their buying power---why don't they white label their own chips?  It'd be cheaper in the long run.  I know Jimmy John's has their own brand chips, right?  Obviously they've thought about it, I'm just curious why they didn't go through with it.  I can't see the economics not making sense unless.  Though they do carry Dorito's which is owned by Pepsico, and Subway has to be one of the 5 largest seller of Coca-Cola fountain products on Earth.  I don't think anybody's ordering a footlong of turkey sludge on wheat yoga mat with a sugary soda...and then thinking, "Oh this place doesn't have name-brand chips, that's it...we're outta here!"  

Only think I can figure is somebody at Lay's found out about Jared years before anybody else did and told C-level Subway, "I hear you're thinking of dropping us for a white label chip.  Before you laugh at my 20-year exclusive contract offering, let me show you some of Jared's browser history."