ShotCalling - Whose Balls Will Gargle Whom? - 2018 Edition

closetojumping

Given that the season fully opens tomorrow, I like to memorialize some thoughts somewhere about the forecast for the season before it all goes to shit from 30 upsets in 30 days and such. I didn't see a thread on it, so here it is.

CFB Playoff Teams: Washington, Michigan, Clemson, Georgia

CFB Playoff Victor: Clemson

Heisman Winner: Bryce Love

Big 12 Champ: Texas

Surprise Failures on the Season: Miami, Ohio State, Auburn, Notre Dame, Michigan State

Surprise Successes on the Season: Michigan, Texas, South Carolina, Arizona

There are Texas and ATM seasons prediction threads elsewhere, so I'm sure I posted on them and will find them for that.

OU, however, has no prediction threads here, so I'm going with one on this thread: 8-5. Ruffin McNeill goes full Grimace and eats Mike Stoops whole after they're blamed for allowing another 40 points on the board for the 5th time this season.

Finally, there will be a ton of traction around the bullshit SEC and ACC 8 conference game + 1 FCS opponent scheduling this year and no one from either league gets into the playoff unless they win their conference and have 1 or 0 losses. 

Anyone else?

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Given that the season fully opens tomorrow, I like to memorialize some thoughts somewhere about the forecast for the season before it all goes to shit from 30 upsets in 30 days and such. I didn't see a thread on it, so here it is.

CFB Playoff Teams: Washington, Michigan, Clemson, Georgia

CFB Playoff Victor: Clemson

Heisman Winner: Bryce Love

Big 12 Champ: Texas

Surprise Failures on the Season: Miami, Ohio State, Auburn, Notre Dame, Michigan State

Surprise Successes on the Season: Michigan, Texas, South Carolina, Arizona

There are Texas and ATM seasons prediction threads elsewhere, so I'm sure I posted on them and will find them for that.

OU, however, has no prediction threads here, so I'm going with one on this thread: 8-5. Ruffin McNeill goes full Grimace and eats Mike Stoops whole after they're blamed for allowing another 40 points on the board for the 5th time this season.

Finally, there will be a ton of traction around the bullshit SEC and ACC 8 conference game + 1 FCS opponent scheduling this year and no one from either league gets into the playoff unless they win their conference and have 1 or 0 losses. 

Anyone else?

So you think the loss to aggy will be early enough in the season that Clemson can recover in the rankings?

Seriously, though. I am not ready to jump on the floor-sleeper/Shea train Michigan success story yet. Clemson looks poised for relatively easy playoff entry. Would love to see us win the 12. The PAC seems like a high beta league. Washington could be the class of the group and still wind up screwed.

2 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

So you think the loss to aggy will be early enough in the season that Clemson can recover in the rankings?

Seriously, though. I am not ready to jump on the floor-sleeper/Shea train Michigan success story yet. Clemson looks poised for relatively easy playoff entry. Would love to see us win the 12. The PAC seems like a high beta league. Washington could be the class of the group and still wind up screwed.

Yeah Patterson is good but Ole Miss was actually better with Ta'amu. He's got something to prove.