Shaggy Fantasy basketball

Goo Punch

BO- now you get to enjoy what i signed myself up for last year when i traded for mccollum. last year's finals matchup was brutal with mccollum on my team, because fg% was a razor thin category, and this dude would seriously alternate between going 4/17 one night and 15/23 the next. deciding whether or not to play him took years off my life. 

14 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

i just texted him, and he was pretty surprised/pissed. said he set his lineup this morning, and with the way espn has been f'ing up i wouldn't be surprised if he did and something happened. either way he's on it.

I set my team for the week this morning and have had no issues. 

10 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

BO- now you get to enjoy what i signed myself up for last year when i traded for mccollum. last year's finals matchup was brutal with mccollum on my team, because fg% was a razor thin category, and this dude would seriously alternate between going 4/17 one night and 15/23 the next. deciding whether or not to play him took years off my life. 

9/15 one night, 5/25 the next...

i never realized he was so hit or miss.

6 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

It can't be said enough what a shitshow the ESPN UI is now 

i tweeted something to @espnfantasy and they sent me an auto reply saying that my feedback would be forwarded to their team or something. i'm gonna keep doing it too, because they've destroyed what was a god thing that didn't need any changes. 

36 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Anyone else just getting shelled by their opponents in games played this week? I'll have an 8 game deficit after tonight (not even counting injuries)

i remember this became a problem last year when the league changed something about the schedule, though i can't exactly remember what. i remember the celtics played way more games than anyone else early on, but then in the fantasy playoffs the c's played way fewer games than anyone else, which killed some fantasy owners. 

Anyone else just getting shelled by their opponents in games played this week? I'll have an 8 game deficit after tonight (not even counting injuries)

Yeah, I have a huge game advantage over you so far this weeks. I had a few weeks late last year where it took some beatings right before the playoffs.

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

still haven't received payments from several of you.  would be nice to get at least a partial payment from everyone relatively soon.

You have the rest of my money now you bloodsucker

On 10/31/2018 at 12:22 PM, Goo Punch said:

i'm looking move a g/f for a c. shoot me an offer if you're interested in making a deal.

I'm looking to move a bad player for a good player. Shoot me an offer if you're interested in making a deal... Seriously though, taking trade offers all day as long as they don't involve AD

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

yeah i wasn't able to find it the last time i was in a computer either, but i got back on a computer today and found it under the players tab.

They updated it and a few other things under duress because their changes were soooo very shitty, now it's a slightly less shitty shitbag

On a personal update... My team may simultaneously be my favorite team I've ever had and the least successful team so far I've ever had in this league

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

you should never make a player on your team "off limits". especially those with injury histories like AD and Steph. If they go down i bet you wish you had the three guys i offered you. just saying. 

no shit, and I bet you would want the three guys back that you traded if Steph goes down

I don't understand the 3 for 1 trade, is that supposed to make it seem like you're getting a better deal? i.e. 3 mediocre players = 1 good player? Then I have to drop other guys I didn't really want to.

Edited by Bobby Light

4 hours ago, Bobby Light said:

no shit, and I bet you would want the three guys back that you traded if Steph goes down

I don't understand the 3 for 1 trade, is that supposed to make it seem like you're getting a better deal? i.e. 3 mediocre players = 1 good player? Then I have to drop other guys I didn't really want to.

good thing i didn't offer three mediocre players. Khris Middleton alone provides about 80-85% of what Steph does and he plays 79-82 games every year. So yeah, Khris Middleton + Jayson Tatum + pick 1 for Steph doesn't equal "3 mediocre players for one good player". And Steph is injured as we speak, so.

Edited by Goo Punch

the year before this league moved to shaggy i did a three for one trade where i gave away KD for three guys and i ended up winning the league. i beat the guy i did the trade with in the final 11-0-1. i wanna say that night even have been the year KD won MVP. It was around that time.

Also, if I offer you Middleton, Tatum, and someone like Taj Gibson or Jae Crowder, I don't consider those third guys to be mediocre/droppable players (although based on the plethora of really good players who've already been dropped thus far I can see that I may be in the minority in that opinion in this league).

Take Crowder- he's eligible at both SF and PF which is valuable; he plays 30+ minutes every night which is why he's so consistent if unspectacular; he hits 2.2 3PM per game which plays really well with 14 ppg, 5.5 reb, and a decent 1.2 stocks. That's a legit player, the likes of which fill out the best rosters, and who aren't just available at any given time on the waiver wire.

Point being, while I suppose you could argue that a player like him is mediocre, I would disagree. And guys like Middleton and Tatum certainly aren't mediocre, slow-ish start for Tatum notwithstanding.

Edited by Goo Punch

i dont care. you raped my roster in baseball all the way to the bank to help pay for meds or some shit.  how did you do it? the same over justification of your moves that you are doing now.  not falling for it again.  might be my loss, might not be. its a long season.

Just saw Kemba Walker dropped 60 pts last night. There have been 4 over 50pts this season just so far and only 13 all last season (Harden had the top at 60). Seems like with the shot clock rule change is giving more people the ability to get into that scoring tier that we used to talk about historically (only like 125 players have EVER scored 50 and that includes the 4 from this year, Kemba is one of 25 people who have dropped 60 now). I think someone might challenge Kobe’s 81 pointer. The question is who’s it gonna be... and will you trade him to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

Just saw Kemba Walker dropped 60 pts last night. There have been 4 over 50pts this season just so far and only 13 all last season (Harden had the top at 60). Seems like with the shot clock rule change is giving more people the ability to get into that scoring tier that we used to talk about historically (only like 125 players have EVER scored 50 and that includes the 4 from this year, Kemba is one of 25 people who have dropped 60 now). I think someone might challenge Kobe’s 81 pointer. The question is who’s it gonna be... and will you trade him to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it'll be Klay, and he'll do it on 37 touches and they'll have to leave him for the 4Q to chase Kobe. That is assuming that Steph ever gets back and the Warriors get good again. Otherwise it'll be Devin Booker in a game that Phoenix loses 144-128.