Horror fiction

ajax

I never really got into horror fiction but I'm curious about one book in particular - House of Leaves. It's been out for several years and from the description it sounds really interesting. They say it's one of those books you absolutely need a physical copy for, like there are all kinds of footnotes and at some points you have to turn the book upside down, and stuff like that. It's supposed to have a very non-traditional structure.

They say it's super scary.

I'm going to pick up a copy in the next few days. Has anyone read it? What other good horror fiction books are there?

Well, nobody else seems interested in horror fiction but I went ahead and bought a physical copy of House of Leaves. And it's a beast. I've read thick books before, but this one is very unstructured and seems very dense. It'll take me a while to finish.

In the meantime, here's one of the reviews that got me interested.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 6:09 PM, ajax said:

Well, nobody else seems interested in horror fiction but I went ahead and bought a physical copy of House of Leaves. And it's a beast. I've read thick books before, but this one is very unstructured and seems very dense. It'll take me a while to finish.

In the meantime, here's one of the reviews that got me interested.

Thanks asshole, just ordered a copy. Also read Lone Wolf back in elementary school....kinda funny to see that pop up in that YouTube review. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2019 at 10:02 PM, Thujone said:

House of Leaves is terrifying. And awesome. 

My good friend is a HOL fan and she wrote this book. It's on Amazon. I did the cover, obviously.

https://www.amazon.com/Headcheese-Jess-Hagemann-ebook/dp/B07NK8MZWC/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?crid=1OQSSYJI1MJRI&keywords=headcheese+jess+hagemann&qid=1554433258&s=gateway&sprefix=headcheese%2Caps%2C147&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

91ZUXBl-hfL.jpg

The original title of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

On 4/12/2019 at 9:31 AM, Thujone said:

It's an extremely good book. It's written in a purposefully disorienting manner, similar to HOL. I loved it, but I am biased. You'll never read anything else like it. Go buy it.

Sold. I'll buy it right after I'm done with House of Leaves.