No One Saw A Thing (Sundance Channel)

Carl Spackler

Six-part documentary about the vigilante killing of Ken Rex McElroy in Skidmore, MO in 1981 in broad daylight in front of dozens of witnesses who subsequently dummied up and refused to name names.  McElroy had terrorized the town for years and had gotten away with numerous assaults, thefts and all sorts of other malfeasance.  To this day, nobody has been indicted or prosecuted for the death, even though the names of the two primary shooters are pretty well known if you've read much on the subject.  (The best book by far is In Broad Daylight by Harry McLean.)  

The killing made national headlines when it happened, and the subject has always fascinated me, so I'll definitely watch this.  I'm not sure why someone is now doing a six-parter on an incident that happened 38 years ago and I tend to doubt the subject is deep enough to warrant six episodes, but we'll see.  There was a made-for-TV movie about the incident back in the early 90's, with Brian Dennehy playing the McElroy character, and he did a hell of a job conveying what a nasty mofo McElroy was by most accounts.