Boost my cell signal......

I don't get out to my hunting camp as frequently as I used to due to a re-location.  In the past I had decent reception...enough so that I could even use a Verizon MiFi hot spot to stream, check email, etc. on a wifi signal.

Haven't been out there in 9-10 months and something has changed on a tower somewhere and reception sucks now.  I have a very weak signal that bounces between LTE and 4G.

I need a booster to at least be able to make calls and get some data flowing for emails, etc. even if I can't go back to a streaming capability.

I've got about a 2500 sq ft area with bunk houses and a kitchen/bath unit in a U-shaped arrangement with a outdoor living area in the center.

What are my options?  I'm willing to spend some money within reason.

We installed a ZBoost (Model ZB575-A, I think) out at our hunting camp and have gone from spotty one band service to 3 or 4 bands, enough signal to be able to use a cell phone WiFi hot spot effectively.

Don't recall what the piece cost us, but definitely less than $300, plus some materials and our labor to finesse getting an antenna up to the horizon level.  We used PVC pipe as the antenna pole.  We did this a couple of years ago, so there are likely better products out there by now, but I can attest that the booster works.

Good luck.

Edited by DalTxHornFan
  • Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

We installed a ZBoost (Model ZB575-A, I think) out at our hunting camp and have gone from spotty one band service to 3 or 4 bands, enough signal to be able to use a cell phone WiFi hot spot effectively.

Don't recall what the piece cost us, but definitely less than $300, plus some materials and our labor to finesse getting an antenna up to the horizon level.  We used PVC pipe as the antenna pole.  We did this a couple of years ago, so there are likely better products out there by now, but I can attest that the booster works.

Good luck.

Thanks - Did it boost enough to get better reception in surrounding areas (beyond walls) or just in the room or in close proximity to the booster?

We have a similar camp setup with a couple of buildings, porches, and a courtyard.  I've never tried doing a mobile hot spot other than in the building where the booster is located, but there are definitely more bars on your phone (plenty to receive texts or emails) when on the porch or in the courtyard.

• Hook 'Em 1

I have been doing a little research on this subject for my travel trailer and it seems like the best directional stationary booster is the Weboost 65.  if you can get a little signal this thing seems to work pretty well from the majority of reviews and forum feedback I have read.  Let us know what you purchase and how it works for you!

• Hook 'Em 1

Thanks - such an odd thing to go from a great signal and now be set back 10 years to what it was like back then.  My group who has been out regularly this spring and summer says it has been consistently bad and not just an anomaly.    

I have to think that Verizon relocated some equipment on tower and thus made a material change in the coverage for this particular area.

Appreciate the ideas - I'll report back.