Laptop Warranty Repair Issues

wood

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. ASUS is trying to fuck me on a repair. I'm on my second ASUS laptop. The first one worked great for years. It was getting old & my kid needed a laptop for school, so I decided to give it to him and get a new one. I got a the new one, pretty much just like the old one, except with new, faster innards.

Had it for a couple months and one day I opened it up and the right hinge failed, breaking the screen in the process. Set up the warranty repair with ASUS. Had it back in like a week, good as new, no charge to me.

Cool.

Fast forward to 11/21, I'm using it normally and everything is peachy. Go do something and come back later. It's in bios easy mode and won't boot up. I try some basic stuff. Nothing works. I call ASUS and they have me try this and that. Nothing works, so they say to send it in. Laptop is still well under the warranty limit. I send it in and FEDEX tracking says it arrived at the service center on the 30th. No message from ASUS confirming receipt. A few  days later, still no email from them, so I email them. Agent says even she can see that they received it on the 30th, but she'll look into it. Finally, I check the status again on 12/8 and the service center says they received it on 12/7, which is complete bullshit. Today I check the status of the repair and get the message: 

Your product is Out of Warranty or judged as customer induced damage(CID). It should be paid for repair.

So It was literally just sitting on my table working perfectly one minute, and the next it's a very expensive paperweight ... and somehow that's caused by "customer induced damage"? It's never been dropped or mishandled in any way, and other than the random hinge failure earlier, it's had never had a problem.

So now I'm pissed. I'm without my laptop 3 weeks now, and no closer to getting it back, with them now telling me it's my fault & I have to pay. I'm in the middle of sternly writing an email explaining that if they don't get their shit together &start acting like professionals I'm going to dispute my Amazon payment, etc. Anyone recommend any magic words from my end to get this shit moving, and done under warranty as it should be?

Edited by wood