google mesh or alexa smoke detector

So, I have a google nest mesh system, and also have a few alexa devices. 

I realize that the google nest does the same things as alexa, but we had the alexas before getting the nest mesh system, so we have both. 

Anyway, I have a detached garage that has a strong wifi system.   We just had a family member that had an outbuilding burn, a complete loss, and nobody knew about the fire until it was too late.

So, today I'm thinking about that detached garage.  If I put a smoke detector in it, chances are we wouldn't hear it at night.

I'm looking for a smart smoke detector for the detached garage, that would alert me to a fire via alexa or google assistant.   

Which way should I go? 

7 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

So, I have a google nest mesh system, and also have a few alexa devices. 

I realize that the google nest does the same things as alexa, but we had the alexas before getting the nest mesh system, so we have both. 

Anyway, I have a detached garage that has a strong wifi system.   We just had a family member that had an outbuilding burn, a complete loss, and nobody knew about the fire until it was too late.

So, today I'm thinking about that detached garage.  If I put a smoke detector in it, chances are we wouldn't hear it at night.

I'm looking for a smart smoke detector for the detached garage, that would alert me to a fire via alexa or google assistant.   

Which way should I go? 

I said "strong wifi system" when I meant "signal".