Who stands to benefit the most from NIL?

TexArcher

Who stands to benefit the most from NIL?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who stands to benefit the most from NIL?

• Alabama
    • Clemson
    • Ohio State
    • Texas
    • USC
    • Other (explain)

Honestly, I think the biggest movement will probably be some schools like SMU (rich alum base and fond memories of bygone success) who are able to move their recruiting a few steps up the ladder. Maybe even somebody like Nebraska (doubt it) or Pitt  I could see Vandy maybe stepping up with whatever moral objection that 'might' have existed removed.

Second type of candidate I can see making a move using NIL is the G5 team in a populated area with some wide fan support or little brother type schools.  Central Florida / Louisville types and then Mich State, OK State, Wash State as little bro examples.

To me, the existing blue bloods will do it and do it successfully but they were already the Joneses so I don't necessarily see keeping your spot as a big "benefit".

Admittedly, we and USC have not done as much with our Joneses status as the others on this list.

Who stands to benefit the most? Schools who are straight up paying recruits to commit because the Supreme court essentially just legalized it. By the time anyone tries to regulate the NIL, two or more recruiting cycles could have passed. Those schools will be like "stockpiled, don't care"...and since the Supreme court simply made a ruling and not regulations, nothing can be done about what has already happened.

• Hook 'Em 1