Basic video editing help

Assman

I'm trying to take a 5 minute GoPro video and speeding it up 8-16x to create a ~30 sec video.  I've downloaded 4 different free video editing programs with good reviews, and it looks like only 2 have the ability to speed up a video.  Of those 2, both are extremely laggy when I try to play it at anything more than 2x.  Do I have unrealistic expectations here?  I would think just speeding up a video wouldn't make it basically unwatchable due to the lag.

Laptop is a brand new Lenovo T14 with Windows 10.  Programs I've tried:  GoPro Quick, Windows Movie Maker, ShotCut, and OpenShot.

33 minutes ago, Assman said:

I'm trying to take a 5 minute GoPro video and speeding it up 8-16x to create a ~30 sec video.  I've downloaded 4 different free video editing programs with good reviews, and it looks like only 2 have the ability to speed up a video.  Of those 2, both are extremely laggy when I try to play it at anything more than 2x.  Do I have unrealistic expectations here?  I would think just speeding up a video wouldn't make it basically unwatchable due to the lag.

Laptop is a brand new Lenovo T14 with Windows 10.  Programs I've tried:  GoPro Quick, Windows Movie Maker, ShotCut, and OpenShot.

I have used wondershare filmora and bought the perpetual plan. It’s good for making reels or such and doesn’t break the bank

6588D763-8D4C-4B79-BA51-0D8ACDDEE3C4.png

On 8/18/2021 at 2:53 PM, Assman said:

Get the free version of DaVinci Resolve, it'll do that. 

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

• Hook 'Em 1