Boteco (Brazilian food truck)

Patricio Swayze

Took the family to Austin this weekend.  Hit a couple of Brazilian spots, Picolé (might make a separate thread) and Boteco.  What we ordered:

Pastel de queijo (cheese empanada)

Pastel de carne (meat empanada)

Coxinha (3 per order)

Picanha Grelhada (comes with rice, beans, onions, farofa, fried egg, brazilian vinaigrette)

Brigadeiro

My coxinha were excellent.  Just about on par with what you get in Brazil but could have used more meat.

Pastel de queijo was very good, as was the pastel de carne.  While not as good as what I am used to in Brazil, very good nonetheless.

My picanha grelhada plate was really fucking good.  Better than Emporio Cafe in Houston which to date is my standard for Brazilian food in the US that is not a churrascaria.

I didn't taste the feijoada because I knew it would be the watered down version.  The kind I like is the hardocore shit with all the pig parts people don't want to eat.  My wife won't even eat that kind of Feijoada and she was born and raised there until she moved here at 28.  However, she really liked it but still thought Emporio Cafe has better feijoada.

Brigadeiro.  I didn't try it, but my wife said it was good, but not as good as hers.  She makes a great brigadeiro, so I will take her word.

Overall, excellent lunch.  We got there at 1pm and it was dead.  Maybe the lunch rush was over, or maybe because it was hot as balls and deterred people.  Regardless, go try this spot.

Coxinha (also came with hot oil/sauce, not pictured):

spacer.png

Picanha Grelhada:

spacer.png

Edited by Patricio Swayze

• 2 months later...