Lieutenant Herwitz, severe shell shock

TOR

Rumack: Captain, how soon can you land?

Captain Oveur: I can't tell.

Rumack: You can tell me. I'm a doctor.

Captain Oveur: No. I mean I'm just not sure.

Rumack: Well, can't you take a guess?

Captain Oveur: Well, not for another two hours.

Rumack: You can't take a guess for another two hours?

Shit I’m getting old.  I thought it was from his mental ward escape in part two.  Damn.  Pos rep.  I gotta take some fish oil.  

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Shit I’m getting old.  I thought it was from his mental ward escape in part two.  Damn.  Pos rep.  I gotta take some fish oil.  

No worries.  I only know this material so well because I've watched the original movie waaaaaay more than the sequel, and I quote it all the time.  But still, take the fish oil.  Good for your heart.

5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

And I've always loved that it was, in fact, Ethel Merman.

I remember watching this movie at way too young of an age with my father and him screaming at the Betamax, “Holy shit that’s really Ethel Merman”.    I had no idea who she was but the fact that the Zucker brothers got so many proper actors and entertainers to play such goofy roles so straight .,is why the movie is so beautifully hilarious and stands the test of time

Edited by Lobo

Yeah I honestly think we were the first family on our street to get a Betamax player and I know we were the last family on our street to convert VHS .   

but I know that probably 20% of our machines lifetime was spent watching airplane and airplane the sequel.