Libby Recommendations

Seasick Sailor

I've been using Libby to listen to audiobooks at the gym and during my commute to and from work. The selection is pretty decent. My favorite listens so far have been Alright, Alright, Alright (an oral history of Dazed and Confused) and Empire of the Summer Moon (about the Comanches). I have Greenlights on hold and should be able to start it next week.

What audiobooks available on Libby would you recommend?

• Hook 'Em 1

I imagine the availability varies depending on where you are? Although I imagine you’ll have plenty of Austin folks here.

I took the baby to the library and got a card while I was there (Wake Forest NC) and realized I should use the app for audiobooks. I’ve been meaning to read more but haven’t found the town - AirPods in while cleaning the kitchen at night = boom, time found.  I’ve been mostly trying to “read” business/management type stuff. Dare to Lead was good to fine, finally getting to “Start With Why” now. I just finished “Never Split the Difference “ which I thought was really good and already seems useful. Guide to negotiation from an ex FBI random negotiator, with an emphasis on understanding and using your counterpart’s psychology.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 2:16 PM, Seasick Sailor said:

I've been using Libby to listen to audiobooks at the gym and during my commute to and from work. The selection is pretty decent. My favorite listens so far have been Alright, Alright, Alright (an oral history of Dazed and Confused) and Empire of the Summer Moon (about the Comanches). I have Greenlights on hold and should be able to start it next week.

What audiobooks available on Libby would you recommend?

Love Libby app. Working on midnight library now. Heart of the sea was a great listen mixed with edibles and low lighting. Greenlights is excellent.