the invention of God

Orca of Peace

21 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

You are either going to be a cautionary tale or a good example at any given moment. That's the point of evangelism. 

You still don't want to do your part of the conversation. You make a claim. You bring the evidence. It's not my job to prove your opinion. 

You know I’m fine being your cautionary tale. There is no obligation on my part to provide you anything. And I did not “make a claim”. 

15 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

You are either going to be a cautionary tale or a good example at any given moment. That's the point of evangelism. 

But that's the crux. No one is capable of being a "good example".  Completely impossible.  We are all sinners.  "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us."

This is what Jesus was trying to get across to the Holier-than-Thou Pharisees.  Unfortunately, in American Christianity today, we have a lot of Evangelicals who want to talk about the Law from a similar position as the Pharisees of old, and not the Gospel, as if any man could possibly be justified under the Law.  No one can.  That's the whole point...we all need the Gospel for salvation.

• Like 1