F cancer.

lilMAC25

Remarkable things can happen in times of grief.  My wife and I took our younger two kids to visit my dad when he was going through what we all knew was a pretty futile attempt at radiation/steroid treatment.  One morning we went to a typical diner for breakfast before heading to the hospital, and I was obviously down.  My daughter, who was 6 at the time and with whom I have always been super close sensed that I was struggling, so she reached over, grabbed my hand, and said "it's OK, dad, grandpa will be an angel soon".

You never, ever forget something like that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I'm very sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is different and very difficult. At least it was for me. I was at my father's gravesite last week at Ft Sam Houston. 17 years have gone by and it's still hard, but as the late Queen said: "Grief is the price we pay for love."

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon him. May the soul of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen.

• Hook 'Em 3