College Visits - UNC & UVa

Rollo Tomassi

14 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

Yes. That is true on both accounts. The years of frustration kind of flowed together.

My freshman year at UT I got to watch Texas lose to OU and A&M...

I think that we cheered a close win over Rice* near the start of the season, but I'd have to go back and check. The Mid-late '80s were no-bueno until Peter Gardere started his run of 4 straight victories over OU in '89.

*EDIT: Just checked, it apparently was an overtime win over North Texas (State University).

#sad

Edited by Napoleon

My freshman year at UT I got to watch Texas lose to OU and A&M...
I think that we cheered a close win over Rice* near the start of the season, but I'd have to go back and check. The Mid-late '80s were no-bueno until Peter Gardere started his run of 4 straight victories over OU in '89.

*EDIT: Just checked, it apparently was an overtime win over North Texas (State University).

#sad

Trade you. My freshman year started out ranked #4 - beat Bo Jackson and Auburn then Penn State. Went into OU ranked #1. Tied the land thieves and then from there went on to lose to Raplor, the Farmers and finally a good beat down by Iowa in the Freedom Bowl.

It would be decades till we saw #1 again.
  • Like 1