Tell me about your home media/theatre setups

Brian Fantana

For blinds: blindster.com

I got 4 of the double honeycomb blackout, and one roman blackout. One was cut too short (like 10”) and they replaced it without any fuss, and didn’t have to return the short one. That’s good by me, and the blinds are fantastic. 

4k demos: youtube, look up “tcl 4k demo” and you’ll find several videos to test and play with.

I have an aTV hooked to mine as well, and run it in dolby vision. It does an excellent job, and is a better picture than what I get with a roku. Its upscaling is damn, damn good as well.

Screens, I can’t really say about ALR/CLR for longer throw projectors. Not sure how that would work. On a UST it’s easier to do as the light comes from a steep angle below. So the material can accept light and reflect back to the viewer, but will block light from being reflected from other directions. Fresnel screens are the best at this, but their viewing angles aren’t the greatest.

Not saying ALR screens for your application don’t exist, just be careful with finding one. Have you checked ProjectorScreen.com? 

I will give those a look. Here’s some shots I took last night and earlier today. The clarity is amazing. I could see all of the details of Deadpool’s costume and Logan’s face.

IMG_0241.thumb.jpeg.33686969168f9a5cee4688cd4abbf587.jpegIMG_0253.thumb.jpeg.9200b2a0d541a2d0e8b00547ca755d49.jpegIMG_0256.thumb.jpeg.0d75267625774ecf65b17a6853b1dfad.jpegIMG_0260.thumb.jpeg.6b55b718f76ac1ac9306cad20d1dc623.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2