Spurs 2023-24: Let's Put Another Shrimp on the Barbie!

Schulz2.0

14 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I think the team is just tired at this point.

Don't disagree. I knew this week would make or break our CL hopes. 7 days of Arsenal, Chelsea, and Pool with 2 on the road proved to be too much. 

Big questions to be asked of Ange and the club leadership in 2 weeks. 

28 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I think the team is just tired at this point.

Tired and probably just down from letting a chance at the top 4 fall out of their hands. This closing of the season did them no favors, but it still had to suck to let it get away from them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Don't disagree. I knew this week would make or break our CL hopes. 7 days of Arsenal, Chelsea, and Pool with 2 on the road proved to be too much. 

Big questions to be asked of Ange and the club leadership in 2 weeks. 

Nah, we can't go from "the team needs a massive makeover and rebuild" to "if we don't make top 4 it's a disaster and Ange is overrated." If someone would have told us we'd finish 5th playing attractive football we would have gladly taken it at the beginning of the season.

9 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Nah, we can't go from "the team needs a massive makeover and rebuild" to "if we don't make top 4 it's a disaster and Ange is overrated." If someone would have told us we'd finish 5th playing attractive football we would have gladly taken it at the beginning of the season.

True, but doesn't mean questions can't be asked of Ange's obstinence in tactics, team selections, and man management. I'm nowhere near ready to move on from him, but questions need to be asked and course corrections are needed. 

Levy and the front office need to address the roster and depth. We definitely have issues. 

5 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Levy and the front office need to address the roster and depth. We definitely have issues. 

It was never something that was going to be corrected in a year. 

12 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

We really miss the hold up play Richarlison offers.

We really need the Saudis to come buy him, then go get a striker. That will allow Son to move back to a wide position. 

Showing some life here now. 

Mickey!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DeepEastTexas said:

How to put the ass in Assignon. Jesus, that level of acting is normally seen on mid-day Univision programming. 

I was listening to the radio call of the game (SiriusXM) they were calling his act some of the most shameful of all time. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

R/soccer for the win. I looked it up with these descriptions. Some forwards don’t have feet that good. 

He was an attacking midfielder in Volendam's youth setup before moving to CB. 

He was an attacking midfielder in Volendam's youth setup before moving to CB. 
Seems like he'd be a perfect CDM. The speed to play box to box and apparently the footwork to handle the ball
  • Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, midtown said:

Late 9pm start here in Amsterdam. Not even sure how to watch yet. Thank God I'm not in Bandera

According to the web - Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group)

21 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

We're going to need to win out, and then hope Palace beat AV. Don't think either has a high probability of happening, unfortunately. 

To be honest, I kind of wish that Villa completed the comeback and won yesterday. That would have put this game into a don't care category, which combined with the top of the table implications.

• Like 2