Remember when the Republicans used to lie so much about the need for Local Control closer to "the People!"

horn4life

Now it's no surprise to anyone that the Republicans have shown themselves to have no principles at all beyond grab all the power you can, wherever you can.  But I find it humerous (and sad) that Texas Republicans now view only the big brother State as capable of managing local issues related to... Agriculture, Business and Commerce, Finance, Insurance, Labor, Natural Resources, Occupations, and Property.  Basically stripping local control of... well everything that might need to be regulated locally.

Anyhow just another in a long line of evidence proving that the GOP is a party that has absolutely founded it's power on a stack of lies.  Usurping local control is to be as expected as horrific outcomes for the Children Greg Abbott is charged with taking care of in the Foster system here in Texas.  To pretend that Abbott loves children is exactly as accurate as Abbott's desire for local control closer to "the people."  It's all big government overlording, for the GOP, and lies to the contrary.

Abbott signs bill to reign in Local Control.

• Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, horn4life said:

To pretend that Abbott loves children is exactly as accurate as Abbott's desire for local control closer to "the people."  It's all big government overlording, for the GOP, and lies to the contrary.

It's only going to get worse before it gets better.  Abbott is being clowned publicly by Dan Patrick, and Abbott is still irrelevant on the national stage. I expect some extremely batshit stuff out of Abbott over the coming months as he tries to get MAGA to show him some love and get him above 2% in the polls.

I guess the GOP truly has a lot of polling data telling it to act now while the can.  Demographics and particularly younger voters lack of interest in the GOP means the GOP sees what's coming. 

Of course the irony is-

"Texas is the economic envy of America," Abbott tweeted after a closed bill signing ceremony at the Capitol on Tuesday. "Today, I signed a law to provide a new hope to Texas businesses struggling under burdensome local regulations."

When the fucking engine that has been driving Central Texas is the ultimate target of restricting the actual engine.  It's not Llano, or Kerrville, or Lubbock leading the boom. It's Austin, and all the bedroom tick communities that have prospered as lower cost mechanisms to be close enough to Austin to take advantage of the strongest economic engine in the state.  So... GOP logic is... let's fuck with the engine and say we are fixing it! Tesla didn't come to Texas, it came to Austin for example.

IF Abbott really wanted to reduce burdens to business he should allow Tesla to sell cars directly to consumers in Texas to save the citizens money.  But as we all know, it's never about the truth, now all Republican bills are about lies from what I have seen.  Of course I could be wrong and maybe there is some insignificant legislation that actually moves the state forward.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

When the fucking engine that has been driving Central Texas is the ultimate target of restricting the actual engine. 

And somehow Republicans didn't need this law 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 15, years ago, 20, 25, etc.

But they crunch the numbers and people start to realize that Harris County by itself could flip the entire state, and all of the sudden Republicans become hysterical and have to put a leash on the cities that are driving the state's economy.

• Hook 'Em 3