Pepper flakes/seasoning

I really like Flat Iron Pepper Company’s stuff. I use their red pepper blend, chipotle, or hatch on something literally every day. They aren’t hot — I don’t think they’re meant to be (although the blend has ghost peppers and habanero) or at least it isn’t their primary purpose — but they are better than the stuff I typically get off the shelf. I don’t know if they’re fresher, better quality peppers, better made, or what, but they are noticeably better than average. 

Their “I Can’t Feel My Face” is hot. Unfortunately, I’m down to my last bottle and I can’t find it in stock anywhere. It’s a blend of reaper, scorpion, ghost, and habanero. It’s a powder — think ground cinnamon rather than flakes — so its flavor can be distributed really well. But, again, I can’t find any more of the damned stuff. 

Because I season with other stuff I don’t necessarily need something to bring anything other than heat. If it brought its own flavor, cool, though.

What do y’all use? I mean, yeah, I can get generic-ass powder of pretty much any pepper but they’re not always what they’re cracked up to be… maybe they’re old, or cut with filler, or whatever, I don’t know… and I’d rather buy a known/recommended item than just some bag of stuff. 

Gracias…

• Hook 'Em 1